Resistive load bank is a device which can simulate the real-life resistive loads and provides a rigorous test regime for power supplies from 1kW to 60MW. The "load" of a resistive load bank is created by the conversion of electrical energy to heat by power resistors. It mainly used to test and maintenance of Engine Generators, Storage Battery Systems, UPS Systems, Inverters, Ground Power Units, Auxiliary Power Units, Aircraft Power Generators, Wind Generators, Hydro Generators etc.
Resistive load bank are available in stationary type for permanent installation or portable type with lifting rings, castors. Larger load banks, typically above 1250KW, are based on an ISO container construction. Special finishes including custom paint colors and stainless steel casings can be supplied.
1. Multiple control mode: (1) manual panel control (2) remote control (3)software control
2. Multiple display function: voltage, current, frequency, power factor, active power, reactive power, apparent power etc.
3. Multiple protection function: overvoltage, overcurrent, overheat, over low blowing rate, blower overheat, blower phase sequence reverse protection, smoke alarm etc.
4. Forced air cooling: industrial heavy duty fan, horizon air intake, upwards outlet, low noise.
5. Power consumption components: made by special alloy resistance, high temperature resisting, high heat dissipation capability, high heat stability, no naked light, safety and reliability. Running temperature is 1/3 of rating.
6. Weather-proof structure: containerized structure provides ultra protection, protection grade higher than IP55.
7. Material and coating: the body adopt cold-rolled steel plate that processed by galvanizing corrosion protection, powder coated and spray paint.
8. Integrated & modularization design: compact structure, easy to installation, maintenance and transportation.
9. Software control: it can test and display voltage, current, frequency, power factor, active power, reactive power, apparent power etc, the test result can be store & print and form all kinds of curve, chart and test report.
Technical Paramters of 2MW dummy loadbank
Rated Load Voltage
400V, 3 phase 4 wire, 50HZ
Rated Load Power
Min Load Step
Resistive Load Steps
1kw,2kw,2kw,5kw,10kw,10kw, 20kw,50kw,100kw,200kw,200kw, 200kw,200kw, 500kw,500kw total 15 steps
Forced air cooling by industrial fan, low noise
Horizontal inlet air and upwards exhaust cooling
Container type with a ladder, air inlet and outlet with mesh enclosure and protection door
Max Protection Grade
Type for Choice
voltmeter, amperemeter display single phase voltage and current
Panel or software
The Main Application Of The Load Bank
Factory testing of engines generator sets
To reduce "wet stacking" problems
Periodic exercising of stand-by engine generator sets
Load testing of AC power source
On-site acceptance testing
UPS system testing and maintenance
New projects inspection and battery system maintenance
Load optimization in prime power applications